CNN's Eason Jordan Admits: CNN allowed news to be shaped by - @MidEastTruth

MidEastTruth Forum Index
  Home | Cartoons | Videos | Presentation | Flyers | Forum | UN vs ISRAEL | Links | Update List  

MidEastTruth Forum Index  

Naomi Ragen is an American-born novelist and playwright who has lived in Jerusalem since 1971. She has published seven internationally best-selling novels, and is the author of a hit play.

Help us stay online!
donate

Jump to:  
RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

Reply to topic View previous topic  •  View next topic Reply to topic 

Posted by editor

Subscribe to our mailing list

MidEastTruth.com - the first 13 yearsMidEastTruth.com
How it all started

What is Palestine? Who are the Palestinians?
What is Palestine?
Who are the Palestinians?

See Also:

PostMon Apr 14, 2003 9:00 pm     CNN's Eason Jordan Admits: CNN allowed news to be shaped by    

CNN's Eason Jordan Admits: CNN allowed news to be shaped by threats

Dear Friends,

When I first started my campaign to enlighten friends of Israel to the distortions on CNN -- at the beginning of the Intifada, about two years ago-- I sent my complaints to the person in charge: Mr. Eason Jordan. Mr. Jordan was always very polite, even when outraged list members clogged his inbox with three thousand e-mails a day.

He told me once he'd like to meet me. He tried to explain that there was no deliberate bias on CNN's part, and that they sought balance and truth in their reporting, even as CNN's deliberate twisting of the news against Israel became more and more blatant....And now, in an article to the New York Times, Mr. Jordan admits how he "shaped" the news of what was going on in Iraq -- all, of course-- for the noblest of reasons: to protect CNN staff.

For me, this calls into question how CNN reports from areas in control of terrorist madmen. The PLO, after all, made a habit of intimidating Journalists. CNN's penchant for reporting the news supplied by the Palestinian Authority without verifying its facts independently must now be called into question. What news from our area, we have to ask, did Mr. Jordan and his staff swallow to protect themselves from threats from Mr. Arafat and other terrorists?

There was a simple solution to Mr. Jordan's moral dilemma: close the CNN bureau anywhere one's journalists are threatened. That would have been the honest thing to do, the professional thing, instead of spending years and years reporting only what the regime wanted you to in order to protect your staff. But of course, what would that have done to CNN profits, and CNN Arabic? Please read. I won't say I told you so. You'll say: Naomi, you told us so.

All the best,

Naomi

Facebook

Dear friends, we need your help!

If you find our work meaningful and useful,
please consider making a small donation
and help us stay online and grow.
Thank you for your support!

Posted by Elisheba

How it all started

What is Palestine?

See Also:

PostTue Sep 30, 2003 10:18 am        

You want news?

Go to the best source on cable tv: The Daily Show starring Jon Stewart

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

This really would be funny...if only it weren't so sad...

Sad Evil or Very Mad

Facebook

Posted by Bugi

How it all started

What is Palestine?

See Also:

PostFri Jun 18, 2004 6:04 pm     Top 20 Wealthiest Soccer clubs    

Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile [url]getdevelop.topcities.com[/url], they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.

Facebook

Posted by Bugi

How it all started

What is Palestine?

See Also:

PostFri Jul 02, 2004 2:02 pm     Richest Franchise in Sport    

Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile http://findgames.freewebpage.org/, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.

Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MidEastTruth Forum Index -> Naomi Ragen All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

The MidEastTruth.com Forum | Powered by phpBB