Israel's War: Judged By the Hour - @MidEastTruth

MidEastTruth Forum Index
  Home | Cartoons | Videos | Presentation | Flyers | Forum | UN vs ISRAEL | Links | Update List  

MidEastTruth Forum Index  

Arlene Peck is an internationally syndicated columnist and television talk show hostess. Arlene's syndicated column is read weekly by millions and her television show ("Wow! It's Arlene Peck!") can be seen throughout Southern California every Monday night.

Help us stay online!
donate

Jump to:  
RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

Reply to topic View previous topic  •  View next topic Reply to topic 

Posted by editor

Subscribe to our mailing list
Subscribe to our mailing list

MidEastTruth.com - the first 13 yearsMidEastTruth.com
How it all started

What is Palestine? Who are the Palestinians?
What is Palestine?
Who are the Palestinians?

See Also:

PostWed Jul 26, 2006 2:39 am     Israel's War: Judged By the Hour    

Israel's War: Judged By the Hour

By Arlene Peck

I'm confused. How long have we been lingering in Iraq? Three years? Four? And how many people are dying, not to mention the trillions of US tax dollars going towards funding this war? Hey, I am not complaining. The extreme Islamists in Iraq are bad guys, who are a threat to their region and the world, and I support our troops, who are doing their best to prevent Islamist expansion beyond that region, and to protect us at home. Yet, there is no outcry to remove forces immediately or rush to United Nation's resolutions.

However, just when you would think the Los Angeles Times and their biased ilk could not get any worse, sure enough they prove us wrong. Our news media reminds us daily of the hundreds of Iraqis and United States soldiers who are being killed. That's an awful "given" of war, that western media has been rehashing on our domestic front for more than 1,000 days. So, that being said, can someone tell me why, when Israel, after finally reaching her breaking point and no longer able to tolerate the continued Hamas and Hezbollah missile attacks, using Iranian katyusha and other long-range rockets, moves to protect herself, as any sovereign country has a right and duty to do, world opinion is already rushing in to protect the terrorists? Apparently this is too difficult to understand.

In between photo-ops with the Hezbollah leader, Kofi Annan gives a press conference offering his solution, which seems to consist entirely of calling for Israel to stop! stop! stop! How are we to believe a man, whose photograph is proliferating across the internet, showing him thanking Nasrallah, who is the head of Hezbollah, for maintaining law and order in the south of Lebanon in the year 2000? Surely if Annan can acknowledge Hezbollah was responsible for that, how can he now accept that it is Israel which is undermining the country's sovereignty?

World-wide those leaders and "experts! who are supposedly in accord with Israel's right to defend herself, pepper their comments with absurdities, such as how many hours Israel has been in "conflict." We know it's OK to spend years, if necessary, in enemy territory defending the USA, yet Israel's defensive efforts are judged in hours and days.

I do notice, however, that Israel has stated unequivocally that they would leave Lebanon, if this same Kofi Anan and his United Nations would push Syria to also leave Lebanon. Israel's position is that the Lebanese army also has to take up its position at the border with Israel and that Hezbollah has to be disarmed -- both included in UN resolution 1559, and ensure that terrorists would not be able to shoot any rockets into Israel's civilian population. This was their agreement when Israel was forced to withdraw from Lebanon.

As usual, lots of talk, with photo-ops, but is anybody convinced by the efforts of the Lebanese government or the results so far? How do you arrange a cease-fire with a group of terrorists? Hezbollah's demand for the release of imprisoned terrorists in exchange for Israeli captives is not an option and it sure is not an option any other country (except maybe France) would tolerate.

Why do they expect Israel to negotiate? Could we have set up negotiations with Hitler? Chamberlain tried that and we saw how brilliantly that turned out. Israel is in the position now of being able to drive a globally mutual enemy out of the area. I watch with disgust as the completely anti-Semitic United Nations, when it considers the Middle East, concentrates only on trying to rein in Israel. Not a surprise though. That is what always happens: instead of finding real solutions, the only answer the world can find is reining in Israel. That is what always happens when Israel has been attacked and is close to destroying the enemy. In addition, I do not remember when the phrase "disproportionate" became an acceptable gauge of a country's right to defend themselves from attacks against its citizens.

Israel's position is well established and known: that it would withdraw if Hezbollah stops firing rockets into Israel, and returns the kidnapped soldiers. Simple? It might be helpful if Kofi and gang would specifically mention in their condemnations that Syria and Iran must cease supplying arms for the terrorists to attack Israel.

Israel must be allowed to win a war that has been thrust upon them. Israel is the best friend of the United States and western democracies. Our interests are tied together. If Israel is forced to turn over the West Bank to Hamas terrorists it would only threaten the area more. In fact, I'll go one step further. Now, in my opinion, would be a perfect time to annex the territories. This is not a situation that can be cured by short-term State Dept. responses, nor is it, despite the Los Angeles Times' insistence, a short term conflict.

The same pro-Palestinian Los Angeles Times always looks for a Jew-baiting story. It is well past time that they acknowledged this ludicrous and obscene situation, where the sovereign Jewish State has to defend its right to even exist. It might be prudent to remind our government that we share the same enemies; that Israel is fighting America's battle at the moment. Israel is also fighting, by proxy, America's war with Iran.

It concerns me when I read LA Times headlines such as "Israeli Arabs are caught in a web of Conflicting Emotions." The Times went on to say, "They are threatened, along with Jews, as Hezbollah rockets land in their midst, but many sympathize with their brethren in Lebanon." Well gol-ly, since they dance on the rooftops after each rocket hits an Israeli city, maybe it's time to not only annex the area but cut out the cancer within ... and transfer them! The same way Beirut was able to clear out its population in just a few days....it could happen in Gaza. No! It should happen in Gaza. Since the Israeli Arabs have such terrible conflicts living among the dreaded Jewish infidels, now would be a perfect time for the enemy within to leave. For the Palestinian Arabs who are located in the middle of Israel, in my opinion, the only solution is transfer! After each attack on Israel citizens, the IDF should drop leaflets and announce that 10% of a specific PA area will be taken back and all Arab residents will have one week to move to any Arab country. Then do it!

Facebook

Dear friends, we need your help!

If you find our work meaningful and useful,
please consider making a small donation
and help us stay online and grow.
Thank you for your support!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MidEastTruth Forum Index -> Arlene Peck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

The MidEastTruth.com Forum | Powered by phpBB