How Has Islam Enriched Your Life? - @MidEastTruth

MidEastTruth Forum Index
  Home | Cartoons | Videos | Presentation | Flyers | Forum | UN vs ISRAEL | Links | Update List  

MidEastTruth Forum Index  

Arlene Peck is an internationally syndicated columnist and television talk show hostess. Arlene's syndicated column is read weekly by millions and her television show ("Wow! It's Arlene Peck!") can be seen throughout Southern California every Monday night.

Help us stay online!
donate

Jump to:  
RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

Reply to topic View previous topic  •  View next topic Reply to topic 

Posted by editor

Subscribe to our mailing list
Subscribe to our mailing list

MidEastTruth.com - the first 13 yearsMidEastTruth.com
How it all started

What is Palestine? Who are the Palestinians?
What is Palestine?
Who are the Palestinians?

See Also:

PostFri May 12, 2006 12:52 pm     How Has Islam Enriched Your Life?    

How Has Islam Enriched Your Life?

By Arlene Peck
April 26, 2006

Have any of you noticed over the past few years that page after page in your daily newspapers is filled with the latest dysfunctional happenings caused by, or as a result of the seemingly maniacal Muslim world? Honestly, I cannot open a paper or turn on the television without seeing mobs of Muslim savages celebrating in front of burning embassies, a school, a restaurant or those stupid tires they seem to think are so impressive to burn. And, don't you just love those scenes of men in black ski masks, racing through the streets, shooting guns in the air. Or racing through the streets wearing their black mask shooting guns in the air or standing behind some terrified captive getting ready to be-head him or her.

Lord, did we have a life before the Taliban? I wonder. Is this an improvement from a few of years ago when we saw Western dignitaries sitting in yucky caves in Afghanistan, wearing Armani suits and Bally shoes; at the table sitting with them, a dirty rag-towel wearing ‘War Lords ' (Tell me, isn't that an 7th century concept?), eating road kill for din-din and making plans to stop the Al Qaeda. In fact, come to think of it, before 9/11, we never even heard of words like Al Qaeda, Taliban, Jihad, Homeland Security, or any other of the new vocabulary that they've taught us.

I long for the old days when I when turned on stupid comedy shows and the news would have reported the latest fashion shows, which Hollywood star was coming out of the closet and people were learning to dance the Macarena. Homicide bombers? Never heard of them. Today, I wish I could see less glorification of anti-democratic fanatics. I had become accustomed to the sympathetic posters of Che Guevara, famous for helping Fidel Castro shape and export the failed Cuban revolution. But, I’m not ready for films like “Munich”, recently created by Stephen spielberg and self-hater Tony Kushner, that give Muslims a platform for justification of their terrorism.

If I had even a remnant of a sense of humor left, I might find something funny in the fact that these, Arab murderers are now killing their own ‘brothers.’ in yet another of their frenzied, holy wars against their own. The Shiites and Sunnis are going at each other full force; while the Kurds, also Muslims but not Arabs, sit safely on the sideline, watching the slaughter. The so-called 'Palestinians,' who now have territory of their own are killing one another on a daily basis. And, don't forget those wonderful, new politicians from Hamas are unleashing terror against Fatah and others, reveling in the blood, terror and mayhem they hold so dear. In between, they somehow manage to find time to kill and injure scores of Israelis using homicide bombers. The Los Angeles Times headline reports: "Israel Opts for Restraint in Response to Bombing." The timing and theme of George Orwell's book, 1984 has come and gone while the world has gone mad. Love is Hate... and " Israel Opts for Restraint in Response to Bombing!" The only question that should be asked right now is which to bomb first, Mecca or Medina! At the very least, consider transfer as the only alternative.

Unfortunately, the powers that be in Israel can't abring themselves to do that. But, the time is long past to do something! I think it a good thing that they target and are able to pulverize the leaders of the terrorist groups while driving to place their latest bomb. How much more effective, though, would it be if they were fly into the headquarters of the new government of Hamas and blow up everything in sight? Nothing, but nothing should be left standing! That, folks, just might get their attention! Hamas, however, has made it very plain that their goal is total annihilation of the State of Israel and to fly the Palestinian flag atop the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Without a doubt, they would desecrate that just as they did Joseph's Tomb, the Tomb of the Matriarchs and even the Church of the Nativity when they had the chance. We must read the writing on the wall, while we still have The Wall...transfer the enemy out of Israel, NOW!

How tacky of me to smile at the nightly scenes on TV showing Arab, Afghani, and Pakistani Muslims currently bombing mosques and killing their Muslim brothers, sisters, and children at a brisk pace because that's all they know how to do. Even more ironic is what I read recently, in my evening paper, that Muslim leaders are seeking help from the Dalai Lama to "quell extremism." I question whether the Dalai Lama needs to be tested for dementia when he responded with: "These few mischievous ones do not represent the whole Muslim community." Oh really, how 'few'? Who's next for a consultation? The Pope, Billy Graham, Jimmy Carter, or one of the Chief Rabbis of Israel? "Mischievous?" Cute; Misguided, foolish but cute.

Then, there are the letters that I get from faraway readers who remind me that it’s not just the Jews who are currently longing for the bygone ‘normal’ days of just a few years ago. One of my favorite readers, an Australian, recently e-mailed me, “Damn, I can’t believe I am writing sentences with words like “Grand Mufti of Australia” in them. What the hell happened to my country? How did words like fatwa, Mufti, Imam, jihad, burqah, Koran etc. become part of our lexicon? I'll tell you, Arlene, that there is a huge growing anger here…and it is going to blow. I am what you would call a ‘moderate’ voice, I suppose, but I know people who aren’t. The number is growing rapidly on a daily basis."

But you get the idea. This, from a friend who is not Jewish... and certainly not an Israeli. Here is a 'new' concept... It isn’t a Jewish problem! It never was. I have been writing, for more years than I care to count, about the world-wide threat to our Western civilization from these 7th century savages who actually believe that they are in a Crusade. Israel is only the "canary in the mine." It's an entirely new situation now that most of Europe has caved in and the influence and power of the World of Islam is growing at an alarming rate. Mainly because it is common for the men to have multiple wives, and harvest many children with each of his wives to train for martyrdom.

Remember the question, "Are you better off today than you were five years ago?" Hasn't all of this new information enhanced your life, just as it has mine?

Arlene Peck is an internationally syndicated columnist and television talk show hostess. Ms Peck has a website at www.arlenepeck.com and can be contacted by email at bestredhead@earthlink.net

Comment on this article using the "Post Reply" button

Facebook

Dear friends, we need your help!

If you find our work meaningful and useful,
please consider making a small donation
and help us stay online and grow.
Thank you for your support!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MidEastTruth Forum Index -> Arlene Peck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

The MidEastTruth.com Forum | Powered by phpBB