Joined: 24 Feb 2003
|Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:29 pm Post subject: The Real Agenda of Palestinian Solidarity Groups
|The Real Agenda of Palestinian Solidarity Groups
Journalist Tom Gross in his recent mailing points out the
"There are dozens of "Palestinian Solidarity Campaigns" in Britain. Yet with more than 150 Palestinians killed in "internal violence" in Gaza since the beginning of the year, and over 50 others killed in the past week alone in "clashes" at the Nahr al-Bared Palestinian Refugee camp in Lebanon, there has been complete silence from these pro-Palestinian groups.
As the popular blog Harry's Place notes:
* The International Solidarity Movement,
* The Palestinian Solidarity Campaign,
* The Scottish Palestinian Solidarity Campaign,
* The Exeter Palestinian Solidarity Campaign,
* The York Palestinian Solidarity Campaign,
* The Brighton Palestinian Solidarity Campaign,
* The Stop the War Coalition,
* George Galloway's "Respect" political party,
and many other pro-Palestinian groups "have nothing to say about these deaths at all."
All these groups tirelessly protest Palestinian deaths (including those of terrorists) if Israel is to blame.
One can only conclude that these so-called Palestinian Solidarity Campaigns are in fact merely groups that wish to single out Israel for attack. Given the fact that Israel's human rights record is far better than dozens of other states throughout the Middle East and the rest of the world, it is hard not to reach the conclusion that anti-Semitism, rather than concern about Palestinian civilians, is a strong motivating factor for these groups."