Reconsidering The Head And Body Of The Snake... - @MidEastTruth

MidEastTruth Forum Index
  Home | Cartoons | Videos | Presentation | Flyers | Forum | UN vs ISRAEL | Links | Update List  

MidEastTruth Forum Index  

Gerald Honigman is a Florida educator who has done extensive doctoral work in Middle East studies, has lectured on numerous university and other platforms. He has debated many of the best Arab and pro-Arab academics in public debates and on television. Mr. Honigman is widely published in academic journals, magazines, newspapers and other publications.

Help us stay online!
donate

Jump to:  
RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

Reply to topic View previous topic  •  View next topic Reply to topic 

Posted by Honigman

Subscribe to our mailing list
Subscribe to our mailing list

MidEastTruth.com - the first 13 yearsMidEastTruth.com
How it all started

What is Palestine? Who are the Palestinians?
What is Palestine?
Who are the Palestinians?

See Also:

PostSun May 12, 2019 4:02 pm     Reconsidering The Head And Body Of The Snake...    

Reconsidering The Head And The Body Of The Snake...
by Gerald A. Honigman

Let me start by saying that I like snakes and caught and kept some as pets as a boy.

I appreciate their role as predators in ecosystems, but also know that, like all wild things, they should be respected, given their space, and that some species are far more dangerous than others. My "pets" helped teach me some of those lessons prior to my Dad, of blessed memory, taking me to good locations to release them.

Having stated this, the particular variety we'll be dealing with below just murders for hatred, not killing to survive out of necessity. The alleged goals that it seeks (if, indeed, any beyond murder) could have been achieved many times over the past century if it simply allowed other non-snakes to achieve some of their own needs for mere existence. More than fair compromises had indeed been enacted, and additional ones were offered"”but rejected"”by this particularly murderous species... certainly far more than it had ever offered to any of its neighbors in the region.

And now we're ready to begin...

Besides hundreds of Arab incendiary terror kites and balloons, rocket and mortar launchings, sniper attacks, and so forth Israel has previously been subjected to, the weekend of May 4th, 2019 saw about 700 rockets launched from Gaza against Israeli civilians causing death, injury, and destruction. Israel's response, while probably materially costly to Hamas, was still far too predictable--certainly nothing to convince Hamas and Islamic Jihad to cease and desist http://www.mideasttruth.com/fo......php?t=139. Allegedly important buildings, training facilities, and such were taken out.

What makes matters worse, is that an Israel, that can enter Iran and walk out with huge quantities of top secret information, can surely also catch wind of when Hamas & Co. are scheduled to strut their stuff for the locals and arrange a proper greeting for them as well https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2873608/Hamas-parades-2-000-armed-fighters-drones-vehicle-mounted-rockets-biggest-strength-end-summer-war-Israel.html.

This has been going on for far too long--which means that, for whatever reasons, it's probably a deliberate decision on Israel's part. Regardless, here's some of my own thoughts about this untenable situation...

I heard a presentation years ago by one of those Israeli security experts that many are listening to these days.

What he said was on target, if you'll pardon the expression, but not enough. This was probably due to the short amount of time he actually had because of too much other wasted moments given over to stroke local folks"”a kind of Jewish "bait and switch."

Anyone who is surprised at the mess that is now Gaza has to be deaf, dumb, and blind...or just an idiot. That especially includes head-in-the-sand Hebrews.

So I'll assume that, despite some expressions of shock at seeing massive rocket attacks against innocents (in this snake's eyes, there are no Jewish innocents); a huge influx of arms being smuggled into the Gaza; demonstrations by Hamas in honor of assorted "victories;" and such, the conscious among us knew quite well what to really expect from this particular herpetological species.

The destruction of the resurrected nation in which Jews have millennia of residence and history, after all, remains the admitted goal of allegedly moderate Mahmoud Abbas and fellow latter-day Arafatians as well as Hamas and Islamic Jihadniks. They differ with each other--sometimes--simply over tactics. Deliberately knife-decapitated Jewish babies and other Arab acts of heroism, such as bombed buses and restaurants, bring bad press.

It pays nicely to be labeled the good cop moderates instead of the bad cop Hamas folks. Western dhimmis love it, and the "Moderates'" deceased leader's Swiss bank accounts are legendary.

Back to that earlier presentation by the Israeli security expert...

I would have liked to have heard more about his perspectives and ideas, but, again, his valued expertise was sacrificed to the egos of others.

Returning home somewhat disappointed, I then came across two articles from The Jerusalem Post and Haaretz reporting that dozens were killed and injured at one of those famous Hamas rallies in an explosion, and that the IAF, in a separate incident, went on the attack against virtually empty buildings (what else is new?)...supposedly targeting weapons facilities in response to usual Arab rocket attacks on Jews.

While there's something to be said about the virtues of cutting off the head of the snake (and again, as an avid environmentalist, who is ecologically tuned in, I use this expression carefully), there comes a point where more attention must also be paid to the body as well.

In an earlier analysis, "Too Predictable," I pondered why, for instance, if shopping malls, pizzerias, schools, and such--filled with Jewish civilians--were legitimate targets for Arabs, then what should rallies of armed jihadist Arabs, calling for death to Jews and attended by those already with Jewish blood on their hands or future wannabes, be for Israel?

It boggles my mind when hundreds or thousands of Arabs, whose fervent goal is the murder of Jews (the more innocent, the better) and their resurrected state, conduct one of their massive bloodlust rallies, why they are not taken out en masse by those whom they aim to butcher. An ounce of prevention--especially when the disease is so predictable--is indeed worth a ton of cure.

The speaker had bragged about Israel's decapitating heads of the Hamas snake.

While this is all well and good, the head also can't operate without a functioning body.

So, Israel must also send a message to the murderous, hatred-indoctrinated pawns whose aim is to disembowel Jewish children:

You will be minced and fried as one giant omelet, and your promised Islamic Paradise will run out of heavenly virgins to reward you with.

While it's true that violence may breed yet more violence, it's also true that unilateral moves for peace by Jews have not worked either. They have been seen by Arabs simply as a sign of weakness.

So it's time to give substantial, calculated, preemptive Jewish violence a chance.

Israel did not wait for Arabs to carry out their plans for Israel's eradication in June 1967 before it acted to do what absolutely needed to be done to avoid catastrophe. There's a lesson there for today as well.

Substantial, well placed bombs--not limited, targeted missile strikes where it costs many thousands of dollars to just take out one disemboweler or rocket launcher, will do the job nicely.

It's often predictable where and when the Arab bloodlust rallies will occur, so I'm sure that a fitting Israeli greeting can be arranged for them. And, as I've stated before, it must be as unpredictable as possible.

The same way Israelis must live never knowing what innocent civilians will be the next targeted, Arabs must understand that the days where Jews fight with one hand tied behind their backs are over as well.

Israel has caved in to one suicidal concession after the other, pushed on it by the world at large--and often especially by its alleged "friends."

For true peace, no stone must be left unturned. But if you believe that that's what Israel is being offered in return by the Gazan snake and its counterparts in Abbas's Fatah, I have some real estate in the Sahara Desert to sell you.

So, it's time for Arabs to once again learn true, unpredictable fear...that which Jewish parents have when they place their kids on buses, send
them to school, or even just put them to bed in their own homes at night.

I don't know if Israel had any part in that much earlier explosion at that Hamas rally in Gaza I mentioned earlier. The IDF said it didn't.

But I do know that if large numbers of Arabs (who outnumber Jews about 40:1–so do the math) start dying for rallying around their goal to murder Jews who've been really trying to find an honorable compromise with them, then Arabs may think twice about what their real goal should be...building a better future for their own people instead of denying another long-oppressed nation's right to also live in peace and dignity as well.

http://q4j-middle-east.com

Facebook

Dear friends, we need your help!

If you find our work meaningful and useful,
please consider making a small donation
and help us stay online and grow.
Thank you for your support!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MidEastTruth Forum Index -> Gerald Honigman All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

The MidEastTruth.com Forum | Powered by phpBB