Hey Russell...Ya Made Mel Proud! - @MidEastTruth

MidEastTruth Forum Index
  Home | Cartoons | Videos | Presentation | Flyers | Forum | UN vs ISRAEL | Links | Update List  

MidEastTruth Forum Index  

Gerald Honigman is a Florida educator who has done extensive doctoral work in Middle East studies, has lectured on numerous university and other platforms. He has debated many of the best Arab and pro-Arab academics in public debates and on television. Mr. Honigman is widely published in academic journals, magazines, newspapers and other publications.

Help us stay online!
donate

Jump to:  
RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

Reply to topic View previous topic  •  View next topic Reply to topic 

Posted by Honigman

Subscribe to our mailing list

MidEastTruth.com - the first 13 yearsMidEastTruth.com
How it all started

What is Palestine? Who are the Palestinians?
What is Palestine?
Who are the Palestinians?

See Also:

PostFri Jun 10, 2011 5:54 pm     Hey Russell...Ya Made Mel Proud!    

Hey Russell...Ya Made Mel Proud!
by Gerald A. Honigman

It has recently been reported that in a recent Tweet, Russell Crowe--one of my former favorite actors--went off on a rant against the 4,000 year old Jewish practice of circumcision, calling it barbaric and such, but then--to cover his arse--claimed he loves Jews and their funny little hats.

Well Russ, it's like this...

Since you're concerned about barbarism and hats, try this one on for size...

As an Aussie, you're part of the British Commonwealth. Do you worry about the barbarism involved in slaughtering bears just to make those funny big hats the Queen's Guards wear?

Reports state that it takes as much as the entire hide of one bear to make just one headpiece. The bears are mostly hunted in Canada, and their hides are shipped to the United Kingdom. It's also reported that the terrified bears often have to be shot several times before they die, and that cubs frequently starve to death after they are orphaned when their mothers are slaughtered.

Funny, Russ, but I don't seem to recall that bothering you much. Or did I miss some comments by you about the funny big hats British Gentiles wear?

By the way, the Jews' funny little hats are worn as a reminder that there is something above--and far greater than--their own human selves...G_d.

For what higher reason in your own British Commonwealth tradition do bears need to be butchered the way they are? What reminder--what higher cause is served--when an orphaned bear cub's mother's hide sits atop its wearer's head?

And those funny little hats of the Jews? Take a good look at what the Catholic pope and cardinals also wear while we're on the subject...Are those little Catholic hats funny too? How about turbans?

People have a right to agree or disagree with the rite of circumcision. But four millennia of Jewish males survived the ordeal, and a look at the Jews' own record indeed shows that, contrary to your remarks, their religion did much to end the barbarism of the pagan world which surrounded them. And all of G_d's creatures benefitted from this injection of humanity via the Jews...not just humans.

Just one more point before I end my own rant...

Surely, Russell, you're aware that circumcision is an integral part of Islam as well as Judaism. Yet, I don't see any references to this in your remarks which only target Jews? Yep--it's that good old special treatment again...You're not related to Mel Gibson, by some chance, are you (if you know what I mean )?

Or perhaps you're wisely thinking about what frequently happens to those who insult Islam rather than Judaism...

I expected more from the Gladiator.

www.geraldahonigman.com

Facebook

Dear friends, we need your help!

If you find our work meaningful and useful,
please consider making a small donation
and help us stay online and grow.
Thank you for your support!

Posted by david barrett

MidEastTruth.com - the first 13 yearsMidEastTruth.com
How it all started

What is Palestine? Who are the Palestinians?
What is Palestine?
Who are the Palestinians?

See Also:

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 5:13 am        

well said!

Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MidEastTruth Forum Index -> Gerald Honigman All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

The MidEastTruth.com Forum | Powered by phpBB