NPR, Fox, & Whitewashing Wan...er, Juan - @MidEastTruth

MidEastTruth Forum Index
  Home | Cartoons | Videos | Presentation | Flyers | Forum | UN vs ISRAEL | Links | Update List  

MidEastTruth Forum Index  

Gerald Honigman is a Florida educator who has done extensive doctoral work in Middle East studies, has lectured on numerous university and other platforms. He has debated many of the best Arab and pro-Arab academics in public debates and on television. Mr. Honigman is widely published in academic journals, magazines, newspapers and other publications.

Help us stay online!
donate

Jump to:  
RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

Reply to topic View previous topic  •  View next topic Reply to topic 

Posted by Honigman

Subscribe to our mailing list
Subscribe to our mailing list

MidEastTruth.com - the first 13 yearsMidEastTruth.com
How it all started

What is Palestine? Who are the Palestinians?
What is Palestine?
Who are the Palestinians?

See Also:

PostSat Oct 23, 2010 6:29 am     NPR, Fox, & Whitewashing Wan...er, Juan    

NPR, Fox, & Whitewashing Wan…er, Juan by Gerald A. Honigman

Talk about irony…

Juan Williams recently got the ax from National Public Radio because he admitted on Fox News to nervousness when boarding a plane and seeing folks who first and foremost identify themselves as Muslims.

Hey, just because such folks are almost daily blowing others apart somewhere in the world, and still others plot to do likewise, though prevented, what a stretch, heh ?

The episode brought back memories…

Driving home from work on February 1, 2007, I tuned in to NPR to get my latest dose of biased reporting about Jews and/or Israel.

I like to keep on top of such things, and with NPR, the odds were good that I wouldn't be disappointed.

This particular occasion involved then Senator Joseph Biden’s well-intentioned, but condescending remarks about his future boss, Senator Barack Obama, the black Democrat presidential candidate who was creating a stir and one of Biden‘s own competitors for his party’s nomination.

Williams, a senior NPR correspondent and Fox News political contributor, was being interviewed about all of this, and he brought up other examples of articulate and “clean” black political figures whom Biden had ignored when he sang his earlier, backfiring praises to Obama.

I next listened even more carefully since, a few years earlier, Williams had done another program that I listened to whitewashing Hamas--the deliberate disembowelers of Jewish kids and other innocents on civilian buses, in schools, restaurants, pizzerias, nightclubs, and so forth--on NPR as well. Regardless, Juan chose to showcase Hamas's “humanitarian” side. You know, Hamas as the Arabs’ version of Hadassah…

I waited patiently.

I mean, if you’re going to have a program dedicated to Biden’s stupid remarks and unspoken ( but hinted at ) potential prejudice, and then bring up the Dynamic Duo--Reverends Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (which Williams did)--as alleged examples of other good black politicos, then they ought to be just that…good examples.

Alas (but no surprise), at no time during Juan's comments about Jackson or Sharpton did Jesse’s “Hymietown” and many other disgusting remarks about Jews and Israel grace the airwaves...nor his notorious shakedown tactics for "fundraising."

No doubt, much of the money Jesse has raised over the years has come from Lefty Hebrews--the same ones who will vote for the Nation of Islam's Louis Farakhan's messiah yet again in 2012. And this despite the fact that, when it comes to the topic of Jews and Israel, Barack, Jesse, Farakhan, and Al are the four amigos--regardless of useful Tribal frontmen whom they may employ.

As for Reverend Al, a more blatant (and yes, articulate) anti-Semite would be hard to find. Yet this too was ignored by a Juan so troubled by Biden.

As just one of many examples of Sharpton’s deadly prejudice (whatever Biden's sin was at the time, it didn't include promoting violence), in 1991 a Hasidic Jewish driver in Brooklyn's Crown Heights accidentally killed a 7-year-old black kid--a tragedy, no doubt.

Unfortunately, children get hit by cars every day.

But on this occasion, ugly anti-Semitic riots erupted.

The good reverend raced to the scene to pour fuel on the fire.

At seven year-old Gavin Cato’s funeral, it was reported that Sharpton inflamed the crowd against "diamond merchants" -- i.e., Jews -- with "the blood of innocent babies" on their hands.

Sharpton next mobilized hundreds to march through the Hasidic neighborhood chanting, "no justice, no peace." A rabbinical student, Yankel Rosenbaum, was subsequently surrounded by a mob and stabbed to death while Sharpton’s mob shouted, "kill the Jews !"

Yep, 'twas a good, old-fashioned, murderous blood libel against Jews. But this time it was instigated by a major black leader (whom Williams chose to showcase on NPR) of a people who should certainly know better…a leader, like Jackson, who continues to get a free ride for such nasty stuff by not only Juan but by Fox News itself, which occasionally still has him on its shows as well.

What I really want to know is how Sharpton did not get charged with being an accessory to murder and is now not in jail.

Without Juan, NPR has a long history of slanted, biased reporting against Jews and Israel.

As just one of too many other examples that could be cited, I will also never forget this next and last one…

Several years ago, right after eight young Jews were murdered (and many others wounded) in a Jerusalem yeshiva, NPR's Linda Gradstein briefly mentioned this story and then devoted the rest of time to explaining how the deliberate massacre of innocents supposedly occurred in response to Israel's incursion into Gaza which had left over one hundred Arabs dead. Only as another brief footnote, before closing, did she add that the incursion was due to (continuous) rocket fire from Gaza (note: a double war crime--attacks by Arabs hiding behind Arab civilians against Jewish civilians).

Like The New York Times, the BBC, the typical college course in Middle Eastern Studies, State Department news briefings, statements from the European Union, NGOs, and the like, I have no doubt that NPR will continue to place Israel under the high power lens of moral scrutiny while usually acting deaf, dumb, and blind to the far greater sins of the so-called "Arab World" which surrounds it.

Whitewashing Juan just got a taste of that medicine…

http://q4j-middle-east.com

Facebook

Dear friends, we need your help!

If you find our work meaningful and useful,
please consider making a small donation
and help us stay online and grow.
Thank you for your support!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MidEastTruth Forum Index -> Gerald Honigman All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

The MidEastTruth.com Forum | Powered by phpBB