Make My Day! - @MidEastTruth

MidEastTruth Forum Index
  Home | Cartoons | Videos | Presentation | Flyers | Forum | UN vs ISRAEL | Links | Update List  

MidEastTruth Forum Index  

Gerald Honigman is a Florida educator who has done extensive doctoral work in Middle East studies, has lectured on numerous university and other platforms. He has debated many of the best Arab and pro-Arab academics in public debates and on television. Mr. Honigman is widely published in academic journals, magazines, newspapers and other publications.

Help us stay online!
donate

Jump to:  
RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

Reply to topic View previous topic  •  View next topic Reply to topic 

Posted by Honigman

Subscribe to our mailing list
Subscribe to our mailing list

MidEastTruth.com - the first 13 yearsMidEastTruth.com
How it all started

What is Palestine? Who are the Palestinians?
What is Palestine?
Who are the Palestinians?

See Also:

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 5:55 pm     Make My Day!    

Make My Day
by Gerald A. Honigman

Where's Dirty Harry when you need him?

One of my favorite Hollywood folks of all time, Clint Eastwood, spoke those above words as he dared the bad guys to make a move.

We're increasingly hearing reports that Arabs--seeing that Prime Minister Netanyahu isn't collapsing completely enough under American pressure to cave in to all that they demand in "negotiations"--will opt to take their act to the United Nations and elsewhere.

As just one example, Hillel Fendel reported in Israel National News on October 21st that PA /PLO officials are speaking about going to such bodies as the United Nations Security Council for support of a unilateral declaration of independence for "Palestine"--the Arabs' second, not first, state that would emerge on the original April 25, 1920 Mandate of Palestine's territory, and 22nd state in total. Jordan, of course, sits on almost 80% of the original land.

Hey, I say…go for it. And so should Israel's leaders…

Make my day!

What's the alternative? Caving in to Arab and the current American President's demand that Israel remain a super vulnerable, sub-rump state in perpetuity--a mere 9 to 15 miles wide at its strategic waist, where most of its population, industry, and such are located?

I won't rehash all that I and others have written about this over the years, but for any who need a refresher, please just check out Compromise Versus Victory http://www.virtualjerusalem.co.....temid=1064 and Oh, How The Mighty Have Fallen http://www.virtualjerusalem.co.....temid=1115

Regardless of how many hissy fits Israel's enemies throw--including ones which Washington now joins in on or actually instigates (again, refer to those above articles)--the same Security Council which Arabs want to endorse their unilateral calls for statehood is the very same body which promised, in its final draft of UNSC Resolution 242 in 1967, that Israel would never again have to return to the imposed, suicidal armistice lines (not borders) of 1949.

242 and its architects held that any future peace deals would have to involve a territorial compromise over disputed (not "purely Arab") territories which Arabs had used repeatedly to attack Israel from and in which Jews themselves have millennial connections to.

So, Arabs want another Security Council resolution on the matter? Not until the first one gets addressed the way it should…

Israel's leaders must gather their strength right now…reasonable strength, but strength, nonetheless.

It is unreasonable to force the sole, resurrected state of the Jews to expose its children to those who will, undoubtedly, deliberately target them and other innocents yet again.

A meaningful territorial compromise is a must--as, again, the final draft (not the French, Russian, and Arab version) of United Nations Security Council Resolution 242 understood, along with most American leaders before the one now occupying the White House. If anyone is to receive the short end of the stick here, it must be that proposed second state for Arabs in Palestine--their twenty-second in total--not the sole, resurrected, miniscule one of the Jews.

And if Arabs actually go through with their idea of a unilateral move in this direction, then…

Well, they should really be making Israel's day!

Israel's leadership at that point must then do what probably should have been done some time ago but wasn't for the sake of hoping beyond hope that Arab leaders would also arise who really wanted peace instead of playing the usual Arab destruction-in stages games with Jews.

Israel must draw the absolute minimal lines--similar to what American military leaders and others recommended in the past--in Judea and Samaria (and on the Golan Heights later) which must be retained to give it some semblance of real, defensible borders on the high ground and then, in its own unilateral move, annex them to Israel. Those Arabs who pledge loyalty will become Israeli citizens. Those who don't will go to Fatahland or Hamastan.

Israel will be rebuked from the international community of hypocrites regardless of what it does…short of its committing suicide.

So, it must stop playing soft ball with those playing hard ball.

Most Americans will understand this, and some other good folks will as well.

And there's only two more years to go before the new American elections… htp://q4j-middle-east.com

Facebook

Dear friends, we need your help!

If you find our work meaningful and useful,
please consider making a small donation
and help us stay online and grow.
Thank you for your support!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MidEastTruth Forum Index -> Gerald Honigman All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

RSSTwitterFacebookYoutube

The MidEastTruth.com Forum | Powered by phpBB